Sunday, December 6, 2020

Elder Jake Stokes home from Idaho

Elder Jake Stokes, oldest of John and Kris Stokes three offspring, is now Brother Stokes.  He returned home in mid-December from two years of fulltime service to the Lord and His children, first in the Idaho Nampa Mission which was restructured partway through his mission to become the Idaho Boise Mission.

"I didn't know what to expect when I started my mission in the MTC, but serving was the best decision I've ever made in my life," he notes of his choice to submit his papers after graduation from Desert Hills High School. 

What's next for this promising young man?  He starts classes in January at Dixie State University where he also hopes to play football. For the immediate future, he will work to get back in shape to play for DSU while focusing on completing general studies.  He is not yet clear on a major or a career path, but he is very clear on his need to find a job.

Regarding his two years in Idaho, he notes, "I loved every minute and I'd do it again if I had the chance!" 

Welcome home, Brother Stokes.  


No comments:

Post a Comment