Sunday, August 4, 2019

Hannah is Home from the Washington DC North Mission

Hannah Kerr arrived at the Cedar City Airport on Thursday, July 25 and was welcomed into the arms of her parents Charlie and Sarah Kerr and siblings Sidney, Charlie and Olivia, who have waited 18-months for their oldest's return from the Washington D. C. North Mission.  

As a full-time missionary in this part of the Lord's vineyard, her call letter indicated she would serve in the Washington D. C. Temple Visitor Center with additional opportunities to “knock doors” every other day in search of those the Lord has prepared to hear the gospel message.  Another assignment was as one of the Church’s online representatives, teaching those who call Church headquarters for more information, before passing them along to missionaries in their own area.

“I didn’t really have a burning desire to serve a mission,” said Sister Kerr, 18-months ago before leaving for the MTC.  Upon her return, she calls the opportunity to serve the Lord and His children in this part of the vineyard, "the best decision I've ever made in my life!"

Of this amazing and life-changing spiritual experience, she stated in her final letter home, "I can't adequately put into words my gratitude and love for this mission.  I am extremely grateful for the things I have learned and experienced.  This place is sacred and the people here in DC are special.  I am grateful for God's timing and His perfect plan!  It has been a privilege to teach people the gospel of Jesus Christ and help them make beautiful changes.  I know it doesn't stop here!  I have a deep and abiding love for Heavenly Father and His Son, Jesus Christ.  He is what makes this work possible.  He is the source of my joy and I love Him.  I know this is His church.  For the knowledge of these things, I will be forever glad!

The future feels very bright and Hannah is excited for what is to come!  "The things I have experienced will influence the rest of my life!  These are days never to be forgotten."

Her immediate bright future finds her living at home for the next six months after which she will decide whether to attend hair school, LDS Business College or take business-related classes at Utah Valley University toward a goal of eventually owning her own salon or wellness center.

Welcome home, Sister Kerr.

No comments:

Post a Comment