Saturday, September 21, 2013

Elder Woodland Heads to Twin Falls


Wesley Woodland, second of Shauna Gardner’s four sons, has been called to 2 years of fulltime service in the Idaho Twin Falls Mission, one of 58 new missions recently organized after the extraordinary response of young Latter-day Saints to the October 2012 announcement by President Thomas S. Monson lowering the age for full-time missionary service for both men and women. It is also the fourth mission in Idaho which has the third most members of the LDS Church of any U.S. state (after Utah and California) ... nearly 500,000 in more than 1000 wards and branches in the state. Is he disappointed in a call so close to his hometown?  “When I put in my papers, I really didn’t care where I served.  I only wanted to serve!” states the new young elder.  The 18-year-old entered the MTC in Provo in mid-September in final preparation for his fulltime service in the ice and snow of Idaho.

No comments:

Post a Comment