Thursday, January 28, 2010

Meet John and Margo Freeman

John and Margo Freeman have lived all over the Western states, including their long time home in Island Park, Idaho followed by 8 years in Hurricane - during which time they served a 1-year fulltime mission at the St. George Temple and the Church Historic Sites - before finally settling in Bloomington. John worked for many years for Bridgestone / Firestone where he did lots of traveling selling off-road work tires (you know, the great big ones!).

Originally, John was from Ogden but military service in the U. S. Army took him to Colorado Springs where he met his wife when he joined a choir at Colorado College where Margo was a student. After their marriage, Margo worked at a variety of jobs. "I was a jack-of-all-trades and master-of-none, but I’ve had many wonderful experiences."

When they moved to Lewiston, Utah (near Logan) she was the only non-LDS resident in the tiny town and quickly became a "community project. I didn’t fight it much. The church was a good fit for me. Although none of my family has ever joined - and most of them still think I am crazy - I will be forever grateful for the blessings my membership has given me and our family." Margo enjoys spending time with her four children - 3 who live in northern Utah and one who lives in Colorado - and 18 grandchildren. "There is always a baptism, graduation or some other event going on in our large family and we don’t mind a bit, hoping in the car whenever they want us there!" the doting mother and grandmother notes. Margo also enjoys handicrafts - especially knitting - and John, an avid outdoorsman, particularly loves to fish. Both love to travel, but are pleased to come home to a great new ward in Bloomington!

No comments:

Post a Comment